INSTRUCTION TO STUDENT
1. This booklet contains two project. Study each porject carefully, then chosse one.
2. Attempt one project only
3. Discuss the porject with your teacher before you being your work.
4. You may seek help from resource person when it is necessary. The information received, however, must be put in your own word.
5. Write your name and the name of your school on the front cover of your project report.
6. Prepare your porject report so that words can be easily read and the message understood.
THE PROJECT IS WORTH A MAXIMUN OF 25 PRECENT OF THE TOTAL MARKS FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAMINATION
PROJECT ONE: POETRY
Some Theme which appear regularly in poem are suited to the life of teenager. Some poems give the warning and direction, some highlight special interest of adloescents, and some evern tell a particular story.
1. Name four guyanese poets
2. (a) chosse two poems with different themes.
Identify each poems by poets and title
(b) Identify the theme of each poem
(c) In about 150 word write a biography of one of the poets cosen at (a)
3. (a) paraphrase what is said in one of the poems you chose at 2 (a)
(b) In about 14 to 20 lines write your own poem. Give your poem a name
(c) Gove the theme of your poem
Mashramani is a national holiday in guyana. compile a booklet entitled mashramani. In your booklet you should have picture or illustrations of the different acitivities that take place during mashramani. Use a caption with each picture of illustration.
In about 200 words, trace the orgin of mashramani as celebrated by guyanese and idscuss 3 reason why mashramani celebration are encouraged in schools across communties in guyana
Suggest an original activity relfecting guyanese culture, for an inter-school event and deisgn a poster advertising this activity